I have had a bittersweet past few days. As some of you know, my grandma passed away on Tuesday, March 18. I loved her very, very much and miss her so much already. But because of this tragedy, which was to be expected because of her recent failing health, my family has united in a very true and inspiring way.
For those who knew her or the family and would like to attend the visitation, it will be at Pugh funeral home (on the website, click Claudine Bunch to read about my amazing grandmother) in Asheboro, NC tonight at 6-8 pm. And the funeral/memorial will be tomorrow at Central United Methodist Church in Asheboro, NC at 11 am.
Thanks for all of your prayer and support in this time. I love each of you very much.
Well the past few days have been crazy. I lead worship 3 times within 36 hours. It was an exhilarating time. I really miss leading worship through more opportunities. I think that I am going to be leading some more youth groups as well as some Christian academies. I feel this is something I am called to do with my music so I am going to pursue it more.
So, here are some updates on my grandmom:
– she is not talking much. My cousin said that she hasn’t talked much since last Thursday.
– the hospice nurse said, last week, that she would be surprised if she made it through the night. Then, she made it through the weekend and now they are saying that she probably won’t make it through this week.
– I just ask for each of you to pray that God would bring peace to my family. My grandma has a huge peace right now (a pastor friend of ours said that he has never seen anyone with so much peace right before passing on).
I will try to keep each of you informed. I am not going backpacking because I do not want to be away if anything happens this week.
Ok, I haven’t been writing much recently. Not exactly sure why. But two things:
- I have been thinking on the thought that came from a paraphrased quote, “if you are not moving forward in something, you are moving backwards in it.” Part of it came from Steve’s recent blog, and part of it came from somewhere I can’t remember Either way, growing or dying in all things is quite an amazing concept to me. So I am trying to pursue certain things more, even more than before. Things such as music and exercising. Music, in the sense, of starting to teach trumpet lessons again and discovering how to play it once again after a long absence. And exercise, by joining an adult indoor soccer league with Will, which we tied last night in our first game.
- I found this hilarious post that everyone should check out, it is titled “if celebs moved to Oklahoma.” If you can imagine what gems you may find, see if you’re right by looking here.
Ok I have not done this in a while but here we go, some PRs: 1) we have a poker night tonight, pray that we make some good connections, 2) the little yellow cards that Mike referenced here, 3) finding a drummer to complete a good band rotation, 4) the new people who are starting to pour in, 5) using my time more wisely – I have learned this greatly through fasting tv, 6) that the teaching/creative team will be more creative and more hard-working than ever, and finally, 7) that everything continues to center around God as the Patio grows and as we learn how to truly start a church coming alive in desperation for God.
I have let frustration sink into my soul for some reason and over the past couple of weeks, I have felt like ignoring everyone. I did not do this, even though, some circumstances made it look that way. So I just want to express sorrow for my selfishness and apologize to each of you in the Patio for my ignor-ance over the past month or so. I haven’t really been there for each of you and honestly, I am not sure why. Maybe I am letting busyness get the best of me or whatever. Anyways, I love each of you and I am expecting greater things from what God is already beginning to do out here.