Here are some things on my mind:
- I love Bernie Mac and it really stinks about him passing away.
- I am still moving through the Shack, and still not really liking it that much. It is at least readable now. I will be finished some time in October though.
- I picked up my copy of Wayne Grudem’s Systematic Theology and I have decided to read a chapter every Monday until I am done with it. Today was quite good. All about the word of God.
- It is taking me forever to read the Beatles biography. Great book but the sheer weight of it has slowed me down.
- I am excited about tomorrow because I am chaperoning 70+ kids on a trip to Emerald Pointe. Man, this day will bring back memories from a few summers ago. Best summer ever…hardest too.
- I watched a sermon by Louie Giglio today about “every glimpse of God being a glimpse of grace.” Amazing. Probably the sermon that makes me worship the most.
- I am excited about seeing what God does through Passion Church. They better broadcast/stream/podcast their sermons.
- And their music better be streamed – take cues from 722.
- Tonight, I am going to the 24/7 bible study. These always good and it is great to catch up with longtime friends.
- Who knew apple juice could be so good?
- I have to weed-eat this week. That is probably one of the things that I hate the most in my life. Seriously.
- I spent some time last night trying to figure out some ideas for a book. I need to write one. I have dreamt about it since I was like 7.
- Also, I have decided I need to record an album. Who wants to join me?
- For those who don’t know, a montage is any combination of disparate elements that forms or is felt to form a unified whole, single image, etc.
- Monday – David Crowder’s concert in theaters. Not really sure if I will like this in a theater but whatever.
- I am still thinking about going to see Jack Johnson.
- And finally, seminary starts next week – kind of excited.