It has been a little over 3 months since I last did this but I think this is a great concept and I want to bring it back for your reading pleasure.
Tuesday thought drops (even though it’s Thursday, pretend it’s Tuesday)
- I am having to figure out my spring schedule for seminary and seriously, it is going to be crazy. I am going to get almost all of the rest of my core classes out of the way, then home free.
- Over the past few weeks, at random times, Will has been telling me about the Jack Handy quotes from SNL back in the day. Here are some of my recent favorites:
“If you go flying back through time, and you see somebody else flying forward into the future. It’s probably best to avoid eye contact”
“Instead of a trap door, what about a trap window? The guy looks out it, and if he leands too far, he falls out. Wait, I guess that’s like a regular window.”
“One day one of my little nephews came up to me and asked me if the equator was a real line that went around the Earth, or just an imaginary one. I had to laugh. Laugh and laugh. Because I didn’t know and I thought that maybe by laughing he would forget what he asked me.”
“Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.”
“I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they’d never expect it.”
“I wish I lived on a planet that had two suns-regular sun and ‘rogue’ sun. That way, when somebody asked me what time it was, I’d say, ‘Regular time?’ And they’d say, ‘Yeah.’ And I’d say, ‘Sorry, all I have is rogue time.’ It’d be fun to be a stuck-up rogue-time guy.”
“You know what would be the most terrifying thing that could ever happen to a flea? Getting caught inside a watch somehow. You don’t even care, do you?”
“The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.”
“If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is ‘God is crying.’ And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is ‘probably because of something you did.'”
- Still trying to figure out what it is going to happen with me and my future. I feel fickle but I’m okay with that, because I really can’t make a decision until certain things open or close.
- I am glad that it is almost Saturday, not really because my week works like that. But just because I am going hiking Saturday. I haven’t done that in a while.
- I have a lot of reading to do, so if I seem out of touch, I am trying to be in order to finish up school work.
- I am very happy that the presidential race is finally over. It feels like forever since this whole thing started. I just want to say congratulations to Barack Obama for becoming the president-elect, as well as thanks to all of you who voted, no matter who you voted for. It counts big. And finally to John McCain for his great congratulations speech. He is definitely a man of true character.
- And that is the end of today’s thought drops.