The past few months have been wonderful. Simply wonderful.
My bride and I are truly learning more and more about each other. And… I love it. Hope she does too.
Well, I have not written much on this blog because honestly, I haven’t felt like saying that much.
In celebration of a possible return, here are some things I am excited about, in Chris’ words, “bullet style”:
- Seminary. Honestly, in the past, I never liked school. Right now, I am kind of enjoying it. At least the readings that they are giving us in massive amounts.
- Marriage. Yeah, every since I was little, I wanted to be married but for some reason, I never thought that that day would have come. I am loving it very much. It is hard at times (mainly because men are stupid, selfish jerks – Vickie’s words, not mine – ok, it is my phrase) but it is very much worth it.
- Music. God is putting me around a lot of great musicians and we are starting to develop some new things. I am truly excited about it.
- Church. I am helping a church plant again. Well, actually I have two churches at the moment. I am back at the Patio connecting. And with 24/7 Church, leading worship in the beginning stages of a church pre-launch.
- Vision. God is truly been pouring into me about what I am called to do with my life. A lot of these thoughts are in the beginning stages so I am not going to let the blogworld know, but be praying because there is a lot of hard work in the future to accomplish these dreams.
- Responsibility. Never before have I had so much responsibility.
Let me show you what I am talking about –
– leading a team to create a culture and atmosphere of worship
– volunteering at another church when I can
– being a groomsmen in tons of weddings and playing music (sometimes simultaneously)4) being married to a beautiful and brilliant wife
– having a dog that is ridiculously crazy and stubborn and also cute
– making plans to possibly move into someplace better (be praying for us)
– seminary with all of the heartaches and joy that that brings
– starting to get back into music more than ever before (which consists of songwriting – just beginning stages, lessons – more coming around the corner, and simply playing new places and new stuff).
All in all, my life is busier than it ever has been and I am loving it more and more everyday.
Also, I am trying to get back into the writing game. Thoughts are there, just not the motivation and energy because of the above things occupying my time. I will keep you better informed from now on.