I love quotes and I know some of you do not. I had a conversation, or really just a comment sharing with someone who doesn’t really like quotes, and I realized that I cannot relate. Not sure why but quotes have always spurred me on to further excitement, passion, and hopefully initiative. Simple truths put concisely have always challenged me.
Hopefully, some from this week’s list will spur you into action:
- “A fanatic is someone who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject.” – Winston Churchill
- I am not sure if the picture below counts as a quote but it is awesome.
3. “The size of your platform is directly proportional to the amount of pain you can endure.” – Craig Groeschel
4. “Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
5. “There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why…I dream of things that never were, and ask why not.” – Robert Kennedy (I was reminded of this by watching a Brian Regan standup special)
6. “It’s the things that no one sees that produce the results that everyone wants.” – Craig Groeschel
7. “Meditation has no point and no reality unless it is firmly rooted in life.” – Thomas Merton
8. “True godliness does not turn men out of the world, but enables them to live better in it and excites their endeavors to mend it.” – William Penn
What quotes have rocked your soul this week?
Or as my friend says what thoughts are percolating in your heart?