Thursday quotes. These are some great ones but they are only from two books that I am reading currently. The first is titled The Red Rubber Ball at Work by Kevin Carroll. Great and short book that is all about inspiring you to find your inner child. The second is a book that I have wanted to read for a long time called Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala.
- “If you ever want to find out things that make you happy, just remember when you were a child and what you loved to do.” – Maribel Lieberman
- “What do I keep from my childhood? I keep my innocence. Innocence is different than to be naive; innocence is just to have curiosity. I try to see with new and different eyes each day so I am open to life, I am open to new people and I am always discovering new things. I try to bring this to my writing.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Never let your schooling interfere with your education.” – Mark Twain – This one is especially true for me with seminary at the moment.
- “Work and play are words used for the same thing under differing conditions.” – Mark Twain
- “The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and play.” – James Michener
- “I despaired at the thought that my life might slip by without seeing God show himself mightily on our behalf.” – Jim Cymbala
- “I long more and more to be filled with the Spirit, and to see my congregation moved and melted under the Word, as in great revival times, ‘the place shaken where they are assembled together,’ because the Lord has come in power.” – Andrew Bonar, written in his diary, December 13, 1880
What kind of quotes have hit you slapped you silly the past week?