I am loving the fact that I get to read great quotes everyday. I am not sure why quotes always hit me more than anything else but I simply can’t get enough quotes to spur my mind unto greater things. I guess quotes are easier for me to remember and sum up what I am learning.
This week has a few good quotes in it. Here they are:
- “We only believe the parts of the Bible we do.” – Rick Warren
- “While purporting to ‘see through’ others’ facades, cynics lack purity of heart. A significant source of cynicism is the fracture between my heart and my behavior. It goes something like this: My heart gets out of tune with God, but life goes on. So I continue to perform and say Christian things, but they are just words. I talk about Jesus without the presence of Jesus. There is a disconnect between what I present and who I am. My words sound phony, so other’s words sound phony too. In short, my empty religious performance leads me to think that everyone is phony. The very thing I am doing, I accuse others of doing. Adding judgment to hypocrisy breeds cynicism.” – Paul Miller, A Praying Life, page 91
“Humility is assesed by your prayer life. Pride is thinking you can live without constant prayer & going hours without it.” – Rick Warren
- “A godly man is never threatened by the gifts of a godly woman.” – Rick Warren. I know he has 3 quotes thus far this week but they are all really, really good.
- “To encounter Christ is to touch reality and experience transcendence.” -John Stott
- “Position doesn’t influence. Love & depth of caring does.” – Tony Robbins
- “What we are is God’s gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.” – Eleanor Powell