As always, the internet provided me with some great links this week. I am going to share them with you and I hope that you get a chance to look at them. I found these very beneficial either through inspiration or through rethinking things that I have known for a while.
- 9 leadership lessons from baseball by Mark Driscoll. This provides some great input that I would love to see implemented in churches across this nation.
- I thought that there were some great insights in this article about breaking up with a church. I was glad to have read this when I did to help a friend out in his time of need.
- This article was great. I really want to raise a brilliant kid that is not a nerd but cool. How to raise a nerd will help. Thanks to Chris G for sharing this with me.
- This is a great video interview with Francis Chan. If you don’t know, he is stepping down from his church and going off in a new direction. He is one of the most passionate pastors I have ever seen. Anything he puts out stirs my soul to serve and love God more. Please check out this interview. He is going through a time of searching and he does a great job of conveying that mindset. A funny part of this interview is that the interviewer didn’t know that he was going to say that.
- If you know me at all, you know the tv show Lost is a big deal to me. Here is a great article on Wired.com about the show.
- Five tips for making ideas happen. I am not sure how I heard about this blog but I enjoy its insights on how to deliver on what you promise. This blog is more of a business and computer savvy one but I sparks an interest. I don’t think I fit in this category by any means but I consider it learning outside the box.
- If you blog, here is some blogging advice from one of my favorite bloggers, Anne Jackson.
- The website Shrink the Church is pretty cool. It has a bunch of resources for leaders in the church. There are so many things that the church can do better. Instead of getting larger, lets stay focused on each individual person.
- Holly Furtick is the wife of Steven Furtick, who is the pastor of Elevation Church. To me, she is communicating a lot of great truth over at her blog about what being a pastor’s wife is like. This is a recent post that had me floored about making sure that I always keep my relationship with God at the forefront of my mind. I believe that this post not only benefits pastor’s wives but all Christians everywhere. Check it out here.
- This is my favorite link of the week. It is Perry Noble, who is awesome. And it is about excitement. This is a must read for church leaders.