A couple weeks back, Vickie and I were watching the movie City Slickers starring Billy Crystal and that guy from Home Alone. This is one of my favorite movies. There are two scenes in the movie that I love. My uttermost favorite (it could be one of the best in all films that I have seen) is when the guys are discussing their best day and their worst day. I won’t ruin it for you but it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. But here is a clip if you can’t wait.
The other scene is all about finding the one thing that completes your life. A clip of that is here. I was reminded of this this morning while catching up on some blogs and Mac Lake asked these questions that stirred me to reach out for the one thing that God wants me to do. Here are Mac Lake’s questions:
- What’s the ONE problem in this world that God wants to use me to do something about?
- What’s the ONE thing I’m doing today that will make an impact in that area of need?
- What’s the ONE gift or strength God has given me to make a difference in that area of need?
- What’s ONE thing I need to stop doing to make me more effective in my mission?
- Who is ONE person that can regularly check on my progress and hold me accountable for staying focused?
So let me ask you – what is your one thing and how are you going to pursue it today?