- Listener, Wooden Heart. I like the style of music he has (spoken word music). Very unique. Sample of lyrics that are delicious to feast on: “so come on and let’s wash each other with tears of joy and tears of grief
and fold our lives like crashing waves and run up on this beach
come on and sew us together, tattered rags stained forever
we only have what we remember
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trailer. I love this trailer. I read this book on my honeymoon and couldn’t get enough of it. It is pretty dark and graphic but very good story and having James Bond as the lead excites me.
- 10 Time-Savers that aren’t saving you anything.
- Interview with Francis Chan about his new book on the subject of hell. I can honestly say that I was extremely excited about Francis Chan’s new book. Not just because it is on the subject of hell which has been such a huge controversy recently but because it is hard to hear from him ever since he stepped down from his church. I thought this was a great book, by the way. It didn’t really give me new information but it convicted the mess out of me.
- The chase. Jon Acuff does a good job of hitting on why we try so hard to earn our place in life.
- The Impetus of Leadership. This was written by my good friend, Eric Freeman, who is a worship leader here in Greensboro and has been a great catalyst in my life. This is a really well post examining our actions and the motive behind them.
- What I’ve learned after 5 years of ministry. I don’t know the author, Tim Raymond, but I like this post a lot. Probably found it from the challies blog or Justin Taylor.
- Walmart v. Amazon. Really good infograph for where each of these companies stand.
- 4 types of Christian newlyweds. Great post that fits my current situation with all the recent weddings I’ve attended and will attend to finish out the year.
- Sitting is killing you. Vicky Beeching put up a great infograph that inspired me to stand, literally.
I am currently reading Carte Blanche, the new James Bond book by Jeffrey Deavers, Jesus, my father, the CIA, and me by Ian Cron, This is a book by Demetri Martin, and King’s Cross by Timothy Keller. All are keeping me interested thus far.
What are you currently reading? Or what has inspired, instructed, or challenged you on the internet this week?