This past week we had a smaller group because our electric guitarists is actually on a container boat traveling from LA to New Zealand to fulfill God’s calling on His life to write a book. We also had a sick female singer so we just had an acoustic guitar, piano, and drums. I was a little shocked and relieved that it sounded so good.
Here was our set list:
We are free – Matt Redman
Dancing Generation – Matt Redman
What Joy – Generation Church
Came to my rescue – Hillsong
Abba – Jonathan David Helser
Here were some of my notes from Tim’s message that is up on our website here.
Tim focused on Acts 2:42-47 and it was one of the best messages I have heard on the subject of community.
- “You will never accomplish what God wants for you with the wrong people.”
- “You cannot grow if you’re not intimately involved with a church.”
- “Community is not just about confrontation but also about encouragement.”
- “Things need to see the light before they come to healing.”
- “I want to have faith like a child where I obey on the spot.”
- “They accepted people not for who they would become but for who they were at that moment.”
- “In my community, I don’t want the self-righteous but the hungry.”
- “When you get an appetite for God, you can’t help but see growth.”
- “When we worship and live like true Christians, we’ll see growth.”